Liam McCabe, who was four years old at the time when gates closed on his head and he had to be rescued by a neighbour who heard him crying for help, was awarded €52,000 damages by the Circuit Civil Court.
The accident was caused by faulty sensors which failed to sense the boy’s presence as the gates closed.
Judge John Aylmer approved the settlement of €52,133 in favour of the Plaintiff, together with costs.
Author: Anne Barrett
To speak to a solicitor, request a confidential callback at a time that suits you.
All correspondence is treated as confidential.
Personal Injury Solicitor